Associate Technical Designer
Assistant Designer, San Francisco
WHO IS FREDA SALVADOR?
Based in San Francisco and handcrafted in Spain, Frēda Salvador is an artisan brand that is both modern and streamlined in its approach to footwear. Designed with the self-expressive woman in mind, each style embraces confidence and exudes a casual, yet sophisticated aesthetic that resonates deeply among fashion followers. The brand is both approachable and effortless offering a sought after versatility that makes them the goto for everyday occasions.
We are a fast paced start up and are hustling everyday. We work as hard and as long as needed to get the job done. We are small, but mighty with strong values in teamwork and a positive and supportive work environment.
This role will work collaboratively with Design leadership, Production, and Merchandising. This role will be involved in all aspects of the design and development of the product from collection inspiration to final production. We are looking for a creative, talented and passionate footwear designer who loves our brand and understands fashion, trends, and consumer expectations.
- Manage multiple seasons and collections from conceptualization to finished product
- Adhere to calendar deadlines set by the Product Development and Merchandising team
- Research market and fashion trends and provide insights prior to design kickoffs (color palettes, prints, materials etc.)
- Contribute ideas for new developments, updated constructions, materials, and components
- Sketch and create technical drawings in Illustrator and ensure tech drawings prioritize fit, construction and margins
- Review prototypes and samples against technical packages. Prepare and communicate corrections needed for future prototypes
- Responsible for tracking developments for the season
- Maintain and update line sheets, material recaps, and sample requests
- Create & maintain material binder for the season
- Create & maintain detailed spec sheets
- Track & maintain approved swatches
- Work with Product Development Manager on new spec development
- Execute and maintain Presentation Boards for all design and merchandising related meetings
- Daily communication with overseas factories and agents
- Start-up mentality
- Must have Bachelor or Associates degree in Fashion Design/Industrial design or have related experience
- 1-3 years experience in design
- Understanding of footwear components and constructions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Team oriented, able to juggle multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Overseas travel is required.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid Time Off
- Generous employee discounts, and shoe gratis program
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Freda Salvador to firstname.lastname@example.org!