Product Development Assistant
Product Development Assistant, Sausalito
WHO IS FREDA SALVADOR?
Based in San Francisco and handcrafted in Spain, Frēda Salvador is an artisan brand that is both modern and streamlined in its approach to footwear. Designed with the self-expressive woman in mind, each style embraces confidence and exudes a casual, yet sophisticated aesthetic that resonates deeply among fashion followers. The brand is both approachable and effortless offering a sought after versatility that makes them the goto for everyday occasions.
We are a fast paced start up and are hustling everyday. We work as hard and as long as needed to get the job done. We are small, but mighty with strong values in teamwork and a positive and supportive work environment.
As a Product Development Assistant you will work closely with the Product Development Manager and Design Team assisting in the entire footwear development from design to final prototypes, samples, and production.
- Creating detail sheets and coordinating tech packs for the factories
- Entering product data into various systems and ensuring the integrity of the information
- Maintaining and updating line sheets, material recaps, and sample requests
- Creating & maintaining material binder for the season (leather, hardware and all components maintaining reference code accuracy)
- Tracking & maintaining approved swatches
- Communicating up to date information about delivery of protos, samples, and production.
- Checking prototypes and samples against technical specifications making sure they were produced as requested.
- Keeping design boards up to date with most current and accurate designs
- Scheduling, organizing and leading fit trials with fit models. Taking notes of suggestions and results of the trial
- Track, review and comment on quality issues
- Monitor development calendar deadlines and workflow with design team
- Maintain and organize samples and label samples accordingly
- Execute and maintain Presentation Boards for all design and merchandising related meetings
- Start-up mentality
- Must have Bachelor or Associates degree in Fashion Design/Industrial design or have related experience
- 1-3 years experience in design or product development
- Excellent communication
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Effective time management and ability to stay organized
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Team oriented
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Overseas travel is required.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid Time Off
- Generous employee discounts, and shoe gratis program
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Freda Salvador to firstname.lastname@example.org!