PD / PRODUCTION MANAGER
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT / PRODUCTION MANAGER
The product development and production manager owns all aspects of creating best in class product aligned with design and merchandising. The pd/production manager owns the product from sketch to bulk shipment. The manager is responsible for the trifecta of quality, price, and calendar. This role requires strong organizational skills, knowledge of footwear manufacturing, strong relationship and negotiating skills, and most importantly strong analytical problem solving skills.
This is a fast pace job that requires multi-tasking, detailed management as well as strategy and relationship building. PD and Production is the core of any great product company, this person must be obsessed with making great product every day. Communication and clear daily correspondence is paramount both internally and with our external partners.
This role requires passion for footwear, obsession over the details and strong partnership externally with vendors and internally to deliver the best product on time every day.
SOURCING & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT:
- Own and manage detailed product development calendar from big ideas to ordering and all the details in between.
- Source and onboard new vendors (both material sources and factories)
- Builds raw material / sourcing strategy, both seasonally and annually for core products with both agent and specific suppliers.
- Partner with Design to identify new material sourcing needs at concept.
- Proactively counter-source/counter-develop to meet cost and quality needs.
- Order, track and manage development materials with agent.
- Create and manage tech packs (in collaboration with Design)
- Create BOMs and ensure accuracy (with design and merch teams)
- Identify tricky styles/materializations to pre-emptively wear test or fit clinic. Create clear process.
- Organize and manage fit sessions by leading technical comments and passing corrections to vendors.
- Partner with leadership to develop long-term sourcing strategy.
- Partner with Merchandising to identify new construction/factory needs.
- Lead relationship with suppliers.
- Own WIP/T&A for all products.
- Spearhead cost negotiations to ensure target margins are met. Own costing, responsible for margin with merchandising.
- Bulk PO management, create, execute, track and maintain all bulk PO’s for production orders.
- Maintain detailed calendars, line sheets and costing tools that are always accurate and updated with changes.
- Own Freight management and optimization.
- Develop and approve all labels and tags and packaging.
- Own product copy for cross functional team and e commerce team to ensure correct information.
- Communicate with all related departments to ensure product details are consistent with the adopted styles- all information consistent across all channels.
- Partner with leadership to develop long-term production strategy and possible opportunities the supply chain.
- Ensure FREDA can grow, look ahead.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience working in leather accessories and or luxury goods.
- 3-5+ years of experience in product development, production, sourcing.
- Technical knowledge footwear fit & construction.
- Experience working with leather, handbags and small leather goods a plus.
- Strategic thinker & collaborative team player with strong work ethic, commitment always pushing the envelope and finding new ways.
- Loves growing a brand, excited to jump in and manage competing priorities.
- Analytical mindset, able to manage multiple seasons and collections.
- Highest standard of accuracy and partnership.
- Excellent presentation, organization and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel 4-8 times per year to suppliers.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaker is a plus!
- Proficient in office.
This is a full-time position operating out of Sausalito, CA.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org