Finance Manager, Sausalito
WHO IS FREDA SALVADOR?
Based in San Francisco and handcrafted in Spain, Frēda Salvador is an artisan brand that is both modern and streamlined in its approach to footwear. Designed with the self-expressive woman in mind, each style embraces confidence and exudes a casual, yet sophisticated aesthetic that resonates deeply among fashion followers. The brand is both approachable and effortless offering a sought after versatility that makes them the goto for everyday occasions.
We are a fast paced start up and are hustling everyday. We work as hard and as long as needed to get the job done. We are small, but mighty with strong values in teamwork and a positive and supportive work environment.
In this role, you will manage all finance functions for our company which include managing cash, A/R, A/P, working with the accounting team, managing cash, preparing executive reports, budgeting, and forecasting. Your role will also include continuous improvement of our existing processes as well as the development of innovative approaches to addressing new challenges.
This role works closely with the leadership team and our accounting firm and operates out of the Corporate HQ office.
- Oversee and maintain cash flow (daily/weekly, monthly) planning and ensure the availability of funds as needed.
- Manage and support external bookkeeping and accounting firms with reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, audits and fulfilling tax requirements; hire and retain support staff as needed in the future
- Analyze and approve monthly financial statements from external firm.
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of quarterly and annual financial reporting materials for Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Oversee reconciliation of accounts receivable.
- Planning and processing of accounts payable.
- Ensure that Accounting requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties
- Generate reports to make sure that budget goals are met each month/quarter
- Provide budget variance reports by department.
- Support and develop relationships with outside fiscal experts (accounting firm, auditor).
- Oversee preparation of IRS, state, and local taxes and reports (prepared by outside firm).
- Start-up mentality
- 5+ years of accounting experience, with preferably some experience at an early stage startup
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. CPA preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks, G-suite preferred
- Highly motivated, detailed oriented, and responsible individual who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities mixed with attention to detail / tactical execution
- Strong problem solver who can think outside the box to not only run processes, but improve them over time
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Open PTO
- Generous employee discounts, and shoe gratis program
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Freda Salvador to firstname.lastname@example.org!