Controller, Part-Time, San Francisco
WHO IS FREDA SALVADOR?
Based in San Francisco and handcrafted in Spain, Frēda Salvador is an artisan brand that is both modern and streamlined in its approach to footwear. Designed with the self-expressive woman in mind, each style embraces confidence and exudes a casual, yet sophisticated aesthetic that resonates deeply among fashion followers. The brand is both approachable and effortless offering a sought after versatility that makes them the goto for everyday occasions.
We are a fast paced start up and are hustling everyday. We work as hard and as long as needed to get the job done. We are small, but mighty with strong values in teamwork and a positive and supportive work environment.
This role will work closely with all parts of our organization and be the lead for our accounting department, which includes responsibility for the financial close, financial reporting, revenue recognition, inventory accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit, and treasury activities. You'll help develop best practices in terms of processes and procedures as well as in driving efficiencies.
- Manage, review, and approve GL for the brand, including directing the accurate analysis, posting, processing, reconciling, and reporting of all financial transactions and information with accounting team.
- Reconcile and reforecast Cash Flow daily - identify and communicate opportunities and risks.
- Produce weekly dashboard to ensure tracking to budget.
- Develop and monitor financial metrics and results for FREDA SALVADOR against budget.
- Work with team to ensure timely and accurate month-end process and close.
- Ensure all required information is accurately generated and submitted to external auditors and advisors.
- Responsible for participating in annual physical inventory and ensuring accurate inventory and reconciliation processes/reporting.
- Generate financial statements and other accounting statements and reports for management, bank/lender and owners.
- Serve as the primary interface with auditors.
- Oversee general compliance and reporting; assess company risk factors.
- Continually make recommendations for improving business practices, accounting processes and systems that support business growth goals and new initiatives.
- Manage, mentor and develop the finance team.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- 5+ years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified, CPA preferred
- Experience in ecommerce or retail, including working with inventory
- Experience in a high-growth or startup environment
- Experience designing accounting and financial reporting systems, and implementing systems and procedures
- Experience leading the execution and optimization of accounting operations and accounting close processes
- Ability to work under pressure and cultivate and develop key relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to influence others and interface with external contacts, internal management, board and controllership and finance teams
- Fluency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and G-suite (Google Sheets, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Team oriented, able to juggle multiple tasks in fast paced environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid Time Off
- Generous employee discounts, and shoe gratis program
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Freda Salvador to firstname.lastname@example.org!